Nothing melts the heart more than a delicious dose of chocolate. Today we are heading into the Wayne Art Center to decorate double chocolate brownies baked in heart shaped pans. But before the decorations – the brownies must be mixed, poured, cooked and cooled. Here is the recipe found in Martha Stewart’s Cookies, The Very Best Treats to Bake and to Share (2008). Here is the recipe we have used for our Sweet Heart Brownie Decorating Class!
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter Pulsar, Kerry Gold- european butter is best
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips Ghirardelli brand is awesome
- 1/4 C unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- canola oil spray
- 3/4 C All purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp course salt
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. 2. Spray heart shaped tins with canola oil spray. 3. Put butter, chocolate chips and cocoa powder in a microwaveable pyrex bowl. 4. Heat chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments for 3x. Stir chocolate each 30 seconds for a total of 1.5 minutes.
Mix Ingredients Together
- 6. Put sugar, eggs and vanilla in an electric mixer bowl. Mix on medium speed for 4 minutes until light in color. 7. Pour in muted chocolate and mix on low for 1 minute. 8. Fold in flour on low mixing speed.