This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe in Runner’s World Cookbook edited by Joanna Sayago Golub. Since many people are allergic to nuts I eliminated the walnuts. I added less sugar as the bananas and the dried cranberries are already super sweet.
What makes this recipe easy is minimal clean up (Wash up means cleaning 2 mixing bowls and 2 spoons). It also requires a quick baking time- just 25-30 minutes! Great for sports, work and on-the-go travel!~
Spray the baking pan with OIl.
- 4 sprays canola oil
Mix together wet ingredients
- 2 whole bananas the riper the better
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Mix Dry Ingredients
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1.5 cups rolled oats old fashioned
- Mixing Wet Ingredients: Mash the bananas in a bowl and then stir in oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Set the bowl aside.
- Mix Dry Ingredients Together: In another mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is browned at 350F. . Allow to cool before cutting.
- NOTE: This recipe has been adapted from The Runner's World Cookbook by Joanna Sayago Golub.